Last Updated: 05/23/13
Welcome to my Want List and Trade Site
1. Prewar Jersey City stuff (cards, photos, postcards, etc)
2. T206's with any type of ink stamp on the back
3. T206 HOFers
4. 1954 Topps
5. 1966 Topps
6. 1969 Deckle Edge - Completed this set! Thanks for the help
7. 1970's Topps (Primarily 1975 and 1976)
8. 1981 Topps
9. Eric Davis Player Collection
10. 1920 W516 w/ Becker backs
11. 1977 Topps Cloth Stickers
12. 1968 Topps Game cards
13. 1964 Topps Giants
14. 1968 Atlantic Oil
15. Saginaw Gears IHL Hockey (1972 - 1983)
I collected cards as a kid in the 80's and gave it up in the 90's when cards became really shiny and there were more and more different sets coming out every year. I picked it up again just after college about 12 years ago when I picked up some vintage stuff for the first time. I decided back then that no matter how long it took, I would finish a set of 1954 Topps and since then I have picked up a few cards every year. I got really into prewar cards for several years and I'm still actively collecting them. I'm also working on a few vintage sets which is why I've created this site. I've got my wants listed here as well as what I have to trade.
I've added some pages to my site to show some of my collection so you can see some of my interests listed at the left. I collect T206 back stamps for instance, so I've added some images of some of these as examples of what I'm talking about. Same thing with the W516 Becker Backs. I've been interested in T206s with stamps on the back for a long time now and have an interactive online project documenting all the various stamps that I've seen. You can visit the project here.
Please feel free to contact me to propose a trade if I have anything you can use or if you can help me out. My highest priorities right now are my 1954, 1975, 1976 and 1981Topps sets.
I look forward to hearing from you, so please don't hesitate to email and say hi. Talk to you later!
Well I've accomplished my goal of joining an online trading group and I couldn't be more excited and happy about it. OBC Rules! My trading and set building has just taken off lately and I look forward to helping all these great guys out over the years. My dupes box is growing and I've already been able to hit several want lists to help out other collectors. Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me into this great part of the hobby. I am truly grateful.
It's a new year and I thought I would post my goals for 2013 here on my homepage. I'll try to update this list as I make progress on these goals throughout the year and see how I do by the end of 2013.
2013 Goals -
1. Finish 1968 Topps Game Set (Need 2)
2. Finish 1975 Topps Set (Need 26)
3. Finish 1976 Topps Set (Need 21)
4. Finish 1981 Topps Set (Need 5)
5. Pick Up 50 more 1954 Bowmans (Picked up: 41)
6. Pick Up 30 more 1954 Topps including Gil Hodges (Picked Up: 20 (Inc. Gil Hodges))
7. Pick Up 10 more 1970 Topps Scratch Offs (Picked up: 13) - Achieved!
8. Pick Up 10 more 1968 Atlantic Oils (Picked Up: 13) - Achieved!
9. Build my dupes box more
10. Send out at least 2 RAOKs a month
January - 5
February - 2
March - 0 (I had several ready, but back surgery put me out of commission for most of the month. They went out in April)
April - 2
May - 5
11. Try to Kill a set for someone in OBC - Achieved!
12. Pick Up a 1962 Post Mickey Mantle - Achieved!
13. Pick Up 20 more 1964 Topps Giants (Picked Up: 11)
14. Start at least 10 more sets
1. 1968 Atlantic Oil
2. 1970 Topps Super
3. 1966 Topps Rub Offs
4. 1967 Topps Pin-Ups/Posters
5. 1969 Topps Decals
6. 1970 Topps Posters
7. 1978 Hostess
8. 1979 Hostess
9. 1977 Sertoma Stars (Sepia)
15. Pick Up at least 3 more T205 NY Giants
16. Pick Up at least 5 more T206 Backstamps (Picked Up: 3)
17. Pick Up 1 more SGC 1933 Goudey HOFer - Achieved! (Picked up an SGC 20 Eddie Collins)
I am not very concerned with condition of my cards. Most of my vintage cards are in poor to vg condition and I'm happy trading at this level. I don't like to get too caught up in higher grades and values. I prefer to trade commons in low grade for commons in low grade and stars for stars, but will consider all trades. I want to meet collectors who believe in the common goodness that transcends investment grade cards and "flipping" cards for money. Basically, I'm just hoping to meet some nice people to share the hobby with.
Contact me at: CobbSpikedMeTrades@gmail.com